Thursday, May 5, 2011

Reasons Why I Reasearched Monroe & why People Admire Her

Monroe as an Actress

Monroe as a Model

Monroe as a Singer

Monroe as a Film Producer

"The Asphalt Jungle"

"All About Eve"

"Gentlemen Prefer Blondes"

"Dumb Blonde" Persona

"How To Marry A Millionaire"

"The Seven Year Itch"

Monroe Recieving her Golden Globe Award

"Bus Stop"

American Sex Symbol

"The Prince and The Showgirl"

Marilyn Monroe


In this blog, I will be explaining why I chose to do my research project on Monroe, why people admire her so much and some oher pertinent information will be added. Well I chose Marilyn Monroe as my topic mainly because she is so famous and i always hear about her. She was an actress, singer, model, and flm producer. Monroe came out in the first PlayBoy magazine. Monroe is mainly known as an American Sex Symbol. I found an interest in her because alot of my family members talk about her and have portrats and large or small photos of her. I also decided o do research on her to learn more about her and who she really is. My two main questions were, "What's Marilyn Monroe's real name?" and "Why is she so famous?" . Well, while i was doing my research I found that her real name was, Norma Jeane Mortenson. Marilyn is so famous because she has often been cited as a Pop and Cultural Icon. As for in movies, Monroe came out in "The Asphault Jungle" and "All About Eve" . Her leading role "Dumb Blonde" persona was used as comedy in "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes", "How to Marry A Millionaire", and "The Seven Year Itch". Monroe recieved a Golden Globe Nomination for "Bus Stop". She also recieved a BAFTA Award and won a David Di Donatello Award in "The Prince and The Showgirl". Monroe played many movies and was actually just very famous !

No comments:

Post a Comment